[Twisted-Python] complete producer/consumer example

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Dec 15 09:22:13 EST 2009

On 01:54 am, rutt.4 at osu.edu wrote:
>How does the below example look as a complete producer/consumer
>example?  If
>it's well received, perhaps we can add it to the online documentation
>at
>http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/core/howto/producers.html in
>the
>"Further Reading" section?  I always felt that the producer/consumer
>(a.k.a.
>high volume streaming) docs lacked a real example that users could
>download
>and run.

Adding an example like this seems like a good idea to me.
doc/core/examples/ is a good place for runnable examples like the one
you've written up, so we could add it there and link to it.  Another
possibility is to integrate it into the howto more, posting parts of the
code inline near text which is discussing that part of how producers and
consumers work.  This is a bit more work, of course, and probably also
involves editing some of the existing text to make things flow nicely,
but I think it's a good approach.

Either way, though, if you could open a ticket and attach your code to
it, that'd be excellent.

Thank you! :)

Jean-Paul