[Twisted-Python] XMLRPC get IP address

Landreville landreville at deadtreepages.com
Mon Dec 14 12:32:51 EST 2009

Hello,

I've looked through the mailing list and already found this reference to get
the IP address when using xmlrpc:

http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2004-June/007987.html

But it is not working.

I have added this to my class that inherits from xmlrpc.XMLRPC

def render(self, request):
self.request = request
xmlrpc.XMLRPC.render(self, request)

Now when I call any function the log says:
2009-12-14 12:29:18-0500 [-]
/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Twisted-9.0.0-py2.6-linux-x86_64.egg/twisted/web/xmlrpc.py:148:
exceptions.UserWarning: Warning! request.finish called twice.

I have two XMLRPC classes, and one of them is a subHandler, but the
subhandler's render method never gets called as far as I've seen (so it
shouldnt be causing request.finish to be called twice)  and just to be sure
I added this to only the parent XMLRPC class.

Any ideas why this would cause request.finish to be called twice?