[Twisted-Python] Deferred on PyPI

Jonathan Lange jml at mumak.net
Sun Dec 6 04:26:06 EST 2009

A while ago at EuroPython, Mikeal Rogers and I talked about Deferreds
and how they don't really depend on the rest of Twisted. Later, Mikeal
made a branch that extracted Deferred out of the rest of Twisted, and
I contributed a patch to make it more correct.

You can find the latest release at:

I've also made a project for it on Launchpad:

So you can get the code with 'bzr branch lp:deferred'. Mikeal is
maintaining the official trunk branch on Github.

I haven't heard anything about it on this list, so I thought I'd
mention to see what you all think and whether we should do anything
about it.