[Twisted-Python] How to do basic authentication on twisted web

Chris Adams chris at stemcel.co.uk
Mon Aug 17 09:55:46 EDT 2009

Thanks Reza,

> Generally it looks fine - but I should mention these random snippets
> of code were given with the assumption that a .tac file is being used.
> A .tac file is basically a "runner" script or driver for your twisted
> program - it works in conjunction with the twistd command-line utility
> and does fun stuff like automatic daemonization and reactor selection.

Automatic daemonization and monitoring? This sounds like exactly what I'm after.

I've been calling twisted like so for a project: explicitly setting
the process id, logger and source file here. And relying on a separate
cron script to check if all is well:

twistd --pidfile=$PIDFILE --syslog --prefix=program_name --python

Would using a .tac file make some of these flags redundant?

All I could found about .tac files is here -

Are there any other resources where I can found out about the
advantages of using .tac files instead the way I've bee doing stuff?

I'm currently only checking my email at 9am, midday and at 4pm.
If you need a response from me urgently, please call or text my
mobile, or contact me via Skype (chris.d.adams).
Chris Adams
Stemcel Studios
The Hub
5 Torrens Street