[Twisted-Python] Twisted, PushProducer, Words & big msgs, any limit?

Gabriel Rossetti gabriel.rossetti at arimaz.com
Thu Aug 13 11:26:40 EDT 2009

Hello everyone,

I have a sort of XMPP router I wrote using Twisted and there seems to be
a size limit of some sort. I have been using it for over a year now
without any problems, but today I had a larger than usual msg (175213
bytes) try to go through and it never did. I haven't pinpointed the
problem yet, but I wanted to make sure there isn't some known problem.
Also, I get no exception or error msg during this. I use Twisted 8.1.0
on Linux. I ran my code in debug mode and I did notice that in tcp.py in
doRead(), when it runs over this line "self.socket.accept()" it gets the
following exception : error: (11, 'Resource temporarily unavailable')
and I wonder if this is the problem. If so, why would it do this and why
would Twisted just silently ignore this? Thank you,

Thank you,