[Twisted-Python] twisted.positioning preliminary review

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Aug 3 22:37:39 EDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 8:56 PM, Laurens Van Houtven <lvh at laurensvh.be>wrote:

> I could produce an actual patch, but perhaps it would be more useful
> to do this with the Launchpad-published bzr branch? Obviously that
> means I can't attach a real patch to a trac ticket. If people want me
> to, I will.

The ticket is currently pending review, so when someone has some time for
Twisted reviews, you should get some feedback on it.  You might want to
attach a comment that makes it very clear for a reviewer where the code
actually is, since the ticket seems to have begun its life in the 'review'
state; it's a bit unorthodox for someone to keep working on a ticket once
it's been submitted for review.  The normal workflow is to have the comment
that attaches the 'review' keyword be the submission for review, and the
comment that removes it be the review commentary.  (Or something close to
that, trac's UI is so hard to drive.)

We've got a bit of a review backlog right now so there may be some latency
:-\.  Perhaps you should volunteer to review some tickets yourself? :)

The way to get from your launchpad branch to the relevant SVN-like diff is
this:

bzr get lp:~lvh/twisted/positioning positioning-3926
cd positioning-3926
bzr diff -r ancestor:lp:twisted

Attaching this patch to the ticket may make  a reviewer's life easier; not
everyone is equally facile with bzr.

> Some of the obvious problems that I've seen myself or that come up on
> the mailing list are tagged with "REVIEW", so if you only have 10
> minutes to look at it, grep nmea.py for it :-)
>
> Obvious TODO is howto documentation, but I'm not starting on that
> until the API has been reviewed thoroughly for obvious reasons.

This can be a separate ticket.

Here it is: http://bit.ly/3wWL2c