[Twisted-Python] ZeroC Ice + Twisted?

Einar S. Idsø einar.twisted at norsk-esport.no
Thu Apr 9 09:28:18 EDT 2009

Dear listmembers,

I have a project that requires me to use ZeroC Ice for communicating with a
server application. I would very much like to use Twisted for this project,
and am therefore wondering if anyone has any experience with using Twisted
with ZeroC Ice?

operations and therefore should be easily twistable, but its Python bindings
and type system are unpythonic (Stephen Waterbury, May 30th 2006) . But I
haven't found any posts by people that have actually used Ice with Twisted,
and whether it is possible to achieve proper twistified asynchronous
behaviour.

Any tales of experience, code snippets or anything else that could help me
get started using Ice with Twisted and avoid *not* using Twisted would be
greatly appreciated :)

Cheers,
Einar S. Idsø