[Twisted-Python] RE: Question about Descriptors and SelectReactor

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 7 13:13:10 EDT 2009

Hi Alec and Drew:

Thanks for answering my question. From reading an excerpt of Steven's "UNIX Network Programming," it implies that the FD_SETSIZE is defined in the kernel. If you want a bigger FD_SETSIZE, you need to recompile the kernel. At least that is the case in BSD 4.4 UNIX.

However I am using Linux. The Twisted documentation is recommending that it may be better to use pollreactor.

Cheers,
Andrew