[Twisted-Python] txThrift released

Esteve Fernandez esteve at fluidinfo.com
Mon Sep 29 16:37:28 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce that Fluidinfo [1] is releasing support for Twisted in
Apache/Facebook Thrift [2]

Download from https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-148

We hope to get it accepted into the Thrift core, but in the meantime you can
apply the patch. There's also a simple example based on the Thrift calculator
demo.

To add support for Twisted in a Thrift service, simply run "thrift --gen
py:twisted specfile.thrift" from the command line. For more details, you can
follow the calculator example, as it covers Thrift extensively.

Feedback and contributions will be greatly appreciated! :-)

Cheers.

PS: the JIRA web page lets you vote issues, so just show your support if you
think this patch is useful :-)

[1] - Fluidinfo - http://www.fluidinfo.com
[2] - Thrift - http://incubator.apache.org/thrift/