[Twisted-Python] Re: doubts please solve

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Sun Sep 28 20:23:42 EDT 2008

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 02:11:49 +0200, paul <paul at subsignal.org> wrote:
>Jean-Paul Calderone schrieb:
>>On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 16:43:25 +0530, shweta mani <shweta3230 at gmail.com>
>>wrote:
>>>Hi al i am new to twisted. I had been assigned a project on SSH.
>>>the project is as follows.
>>>i have to login to a remote Linux machine through Windows
>>>i have to execute a shell script  and print the output back in Windows
>>>machine
>>>this needs to be done through SSH.
>>>Any clues . please help. i need it urgently
>>
>>Take a look at the API docs and the examples.  Perhaps get a copy of
>>_Twisted Network Programming Essentials_ or find the Conch chapter
>>online.  If you get stuck, come back with specific questions.
>
>Hope this isn't too offensive but last time I checked conch didn't work on
>win32 (http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/50). I guess most users would be
>happy with a basic "secure RPC" implementation, no console stuff. No idea
>how much work that is though ...

Ticket 50 is about the conch command line client.  I'm not sure if the
rest of conch, the part you would use to automate an SSH login, works on
Windows or not.  It shouldn't be affected by the lack of an fcntl module
(or any of the other modules missing on Windows), but it may accidentally
import them, preventing the code from working out of the box, even though
it doesn't use them.  This is probably simpler to fix than actually writing
a command line client.  However, it may already work; I don't have a Windows
machine handy to try, but by looking at buildbot I can see that a significant
portion of the Conch test suite runs and passes on there.

Jean-Paul