Re: [Twisted-Python] Use twisted.python.logfile.LogFile wirte log,Memory can not be released, does anybody familiar with or encounter such a situation?

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Mon Sep 15 08:43:39 EDT 2008

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 19:31:59 +0800, echo <dotecho at gmail.com> wrote:
>Use twisted.python.logfile.LogFile wirte log,Memory can not be released,
>does anybody familiar with or encounter such a situation?
>
>Environment: FREEBSD 6.3 RELEASE
>twisted svn trunk today

I ran the test code on Ubuntu Hardy but I don't see any memory problems.
I let the program run for about two minutes and memory remained constant
for the entire time.

LogFile doesn't do very much besides write to a Python file object.  Can
you reproduce the memory problem just using a file without using LogFile?

Jean-Paul