[Twisted-Python] license / copyright questions about Twisted Perspective Broker client

A aldoogy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 10:23:13 EDT 2008

Hi,
After looking around for the last 6 months for an Actionscript 3 library
that would work as a client for use with Twisted Perspective Broker
, and hoping someone more skilled than myself would get around to
creating one, I decided to get the ball rolling.

It currently works as a client for the example here.
http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/documentation/howto/pb-cred.html#auto18

There is a long way to go. . . but it's a start.

I aim to release the library under the same license as Twisted (MIT) but
I'm wondering about some of the details.
Since all I have done is just ported the original Twisted code from
Python to Actionscript what does that mean in terms of copyright and
credits ?
Should I give credit in every file according to original author ?
I still have most of the original doc strings in my version - am I
allowed to use those ?
There are also sections where I have the original python code commented
out (as a guide to what still needs to done). I can't really be arsed to
delete all that while it's still in heavy development. Is that a problem
? Would I have to put the credits for the code in each snippet ?

I have created a Google code project and will get the code up there as
soon as I have got the paperwork in order.
Cheers,
Al.