[Twisted-Python] sending signal through SSHChannel

Paul Swartz paulswartz at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 13:32:26 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 12:06 PM, Frans Mårtensson
<frans.martensson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have written a python program that executes shell scripts on remote
> computers using the twisted conch SSHChannel. Several shell scripts
> are executed at once on several machines and the scripts range in
> execution time from minutes to hours.
>
> My question is regarding the behavior of Conch when it is shut down.
> What i would like to do is to send a SIGINT or SIGKILL to the remote
> script so that it can terminate in an orderly fashion. I am using the
> channel.SSHChannel as a base class for my task. Is there a mechanism
> in Conch for sending this signal?

There's a mechanism for sending signals in SSH, although Conch doesn't
expose it directly.  The code looks something like this:

    channel.conn.sendRequest(channel, 'signal', NS('KILL'))

For more information on what kinds of signal names you can send and on
the 'signal' request generally, you should read RFC4254 section 6.9

-p
--
Paul Swartz
paulswartz at gmail dot com