[Twisted-Python] problem with Twisted and Processing

davy zhang davyzhang at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 09:25:47 EDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 1:19 AM, Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:
> davy zhang wrote:
>>
>> I used Processing package for python 2.5 which became an official
>> package of python 2.6 named multipleprocess. 'Cause the twisted for
>> python 2.6 is not ready, I'm still using python 2.5 on windows
>
> AFAICT the "processing" module does things like "fork"ing a running python
> interpreter and then not immediately exec()ing.
>
> I'm pretty sure that'll cause Twisted (and maybe lots of other apps) to
> explode. However I note you're on Windows (which lacks fork()) so I'm not
> sure what it does there.
>
> Also, the Processing module communicates over pipes/fifos which will
> conflict with Twisted and block the reactor (or the reactor will block
> Processing).
>
> In short - nice though it looks, I don't think you can use Processing with
> Twisted, or will ever be able to. It's a shame more attention wasn't paid to
> this during development.
>
> You could look at:
>
>  http://pypi.python.org/pypi/ampoule
>  http://foss.eepatents.com/trac/AsynQueue

thanks so much for the advise!

I just want one process to recv the message from the clinents ,and one
process to send message back

both processes shared a same queue seems to work, but.... is there any
idea of that?

if in other language thread will make that possible, but in python
thread can not get benefit  from multi-core cpus

so I turn to processes