[Twisted-Python] Re: Win32 binaries for Python 2.6

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Tue Oct 14 15:17:17 EDT 2008

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 19:58:49 +0100, Paul Moore <pf_moore at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>glyph at divmod.com wrote:
>>On 08:12 pm, pf_moore at yahoo.co.uk wrote:
>>>Does anyone know when Twisted installers for Python 2.6 on Windows are
>>>likely to be available?
>>
>>Sometime after a version of Twisted exists which supports Python 2.6. Right
>>now, the latest supported version is 2.5.
>
>Thanks. In many cases, projects "just work" with 2.6, so it's just a matter
>of someone finding time to build the binaries (or me doing it myself, if
>there are no hairy external dependencies, and it builds with mingw :-))
>Knowing that there are actual issues to resolve, gives me a better idea of
>what to expect.
>>If you would like to help with some of these, I'm sure we could do a little
>>bit of research and provide you with links to specific tickets :).
>
>:-) I'm not sure how much help I could be - I wouldn't class myself as a
>heavy Twisted user, and I certainly don't know much about the internals. But
>if I do get a chance, I'll see if there's anything I can look at.

The only ticket for a Python 2.6 issue remaining in trunk at HEAD is
<http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/2605>, I believe, although there
are several other tickets in the Python 2.6 milestone which would be
nice to have, but perhaps are not necessary for a Python 2.6-supporting
release: http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&milestone=Python-2.6

Jean-Paul