[Twisted-Python] Win32 binaries for Python 2.6

Werner Thie wthie at thiengineering.ch
Tue Oct 14 01:16:18 EDT 2008

If you're simply interested in using twisted as a package for
development then create a file with the name twisted.pth with the
following single line

in your

'C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages' directory

If you plan to use the twistd script then additionally create a file
with the name twistd.bat with the content

@echo off
C:\Python26\python.exe C:\proj\twisted\bin\twistd %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

in your

assuming that the twistd distribution is hanging out at 'C:\proj\twisted'

For additional scripts do accordingly and make sure that the PATH
variable contains 'C:\Python26\Scripts'

I rarely install packages into my python distributions these days, one
exception being some basic binary ones like zope interfaces and the
win32 extensions and doing all my Python development on MSW with Aptana
Studio/PyDev and distributing code mostly to OpenBSD or FreeBSD

HTH, Werner