[Twisted-Python] Win32 binaries for Python 2.6

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Mon Oct 13 18:49:01 EDT 2008

On 08:12 pm, pf_moore at yahoo.co.uk wrote:
>Does anyone know when Twisted installers for Python 2.6 on Windows are
>likely to be available?

Sometime after a version of Twisted exists which supports Python 2.6.
Right now, the latest supported version is 2.5.

There are three things that need to happen for a particular Python
version to be supported:

  * There needs to be a buildbot for that python version.  Right now, the
only python 2.6 buildbot on
<http://buildbot.twistedmatrix.com/waterfall> is for ubuntu64; there
needs to be one for Windows if you want to have an official windows
installer.

  * The tests actually need to pass under that buildbot, i.e. they need
to be green.  You can see that this is not the case for our only 2.6
builder here:
<http://buildbot.twistedmatrix.com/builders/ubuntu64-python2.6-select/builds/0>
(although I'm not sure what the deal is with that particular error).
Luckily, there is probably less work to do for python 2.6 than any other
Python release in recent memory.

  * We need to do a Twisted release.  Rumour has it that the release
manager is planning one in the next couple of weeks, but unless a 2.6
buildbot shows up before then it will not be a supported platform for
that release.

If you would like to help with some of these, I'm sure we could do a
little bit of research and provide you with links to specific tickets
:).