[Twisted-Python] Another tutorial?

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Thu Oct 9 14:53:22 EDT 2008

On Thu, 09 Oct 2008 14:36:49 -0400, Kevin Anderson <kehander at myrealbox.com> wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>Stepping through the mailing list archives a little, I can see that I am not the first who has read about Twisted and has gained some appreciation of how powerful and useful it is, but finds the tutorial documentation to be kind of lacking.
>
>I would take a stab at trying to improve the finger tutorial myself (that is, to explain the rationale behind some of the decisions and why they're useful), but is someone already in the process of doing so?
>
>(By the way, is there some way to submit patches for the documentation?  I still see depreciated references to mktap, particularly in the "Using Twisted Web" howto, even though there are already old tickets about removing references to it.)

We use the same issue tracker for code and documentation issues.  A lot of
the documentation issues have the keyword "documentation".  You can do a
query based on this.  For example:

  http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&keywords=~documentation&order=priority

If you want to fix something for which there is already a ticket, attach
a patch to the ticket, set the owner to no one, and add the "review"
keyword.

You should also take a look at <http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/TwistedDevelopment>.

You might also want to drop by IRC and discuss what you have in mind.

Jean-Paul