[Twisted-Python] Connectionless AMP?

Peter Sabaini peter at sabaini.at
Thu Nov 20 11:58:32 EST 2008

Hello,

I want to implement a messageing protocol running on top of TIPC / SOCK_RDM to
be able to do multicasting; ie. send messages in a connectionless manner.

I implemented some TIPC support, but I now wonder how to go about the
protocol. Originally, I thought about using AMP, but this seems to assume a
connection-oriented transport.

How would you go about this? Should it be possible to use a datagram-like,
connection-less transport with AMP? Or should I rather take a more low-level
approach, eg. by using IntNStringReceiver and roll my own?

Thanks for any advice.

peter.