[Twisted-Python] checking connection

Benny nebpro at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 15:41:37 EST 2008

Thank you very much for the response. I am still new with twisted so please
bare with me.
What I mean by checking connection is something like instant messenger (i.e.
pidgin) do in some interval time. Pidgin is checking for internet connection
every xx minutes to see if the computer still connected to the internet. So
I am wondering if twisted can do the same thing. Once it is connected (i.e.
connectionMade), can we tell if that connection still alive or not every xx
minutes? Is twisted maintain persistent connection?