[Twisted-Python] A Python metaclass for Twisted allowing __init__ to return a Deferred

Terry Jones terry at jon.es
Tue Nov 4 10:47:54 EST 2008

>>>>> "glyph" == glyph  <glyph at divmod.com> writes:
glyph> On 02:33 am, terry at jon.es wrote:
>> Am I missing something here?
glyph> As a matter of fact, yes :).

OK, thanks, I get it. That should have been obvious.

BTW, I spent an interesting morning getting my head around *exactly* how
inlineCallbacks does its thing... No summary of my thoughts could do it
justice. I wonder how many people on the planet have been down that rabbit
hole.

Was the Twisted project always called Twisted? I was thinking it's a really
good thing you picked that name - cause you definitely would have had to
rename it :-)

I hope people don't mind my peanut gallery commentary. We're all in this
together, after all. A little gallows humor occasionally seems in order.

Thanks again,
Terry