[Twisted-Python] Event notification and general RPC in Twisted...

Esteve Fernandez esteve at sindominio.net
Sat Nov 1 05:55:48 EDT 2008

On Friday 31 October 2008 06:52:26 Blair Bethwaite wrote:
> - we'd like to use a persistent stream/connection, at least between
> the JobServer and Proxy (traffic frequency will be reasonably high)
> - it needs to be interoperable with java (is there PB for java?)
> - sometimes the Proxy might be behind a firewall and only able to
> connect out, we need to be able to use that connection to go back as
> above

<ad>
You can use Thrift [1] instead, which already supports Java and has a nifty
patch which adds support for Twisted [2]
</ad>

I've tested it in an heterogeneous environment (Python, Java and Ruby) and it
works fine.

Cheers.

1 - http://incubator.apache.org/thrift/
2 - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-148