[Twisted-Python] Re: suggestions for naming to help us preserve a Twisted Trademark

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Fri May 30 15:09:08 EDT 2008

On 06:10 pm, andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com wrote:
>I would be tempted to use a prefix like tsf or twsf so there is a
>closer association to the Twisted Software Foundation, the entity that
>is the custodian of Twisted. I know little about trademark law
>(especially in the  U.S) but I think there are benefits when the legal
>entity and the product/service share a name (trade name)

I don't think those benefits would apply here.  For one thing, the TSF
is not a legal entity; it's an abstraction over the Twisted project's
membership in the SFC, the Software Freedom Conservancy.  Also, I am
suggesting we need a name specifically for projects *not* a part of the
Twisted project or the TSF or the SFC, just related to the technology.