[Twisted-Python] suggestions for naming to help us preserve a Twisted trademark

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Thu May 29 23:43:39 EDT 2008

On 12:52 am, waterbug at pangalactic.us wrote:
>I think trademarking "twisted" is a good idea, if only to have
>a prior claim in the (unlikely) event someone else should
>try to claim it for something in the context of software.

Thanks.
>I'm not enthusiastic about "twisty" as a naming standard for
>anything -- partly from jml's observations and partly just some
>aversion to it that I don't understand myself -- if I don't
>mind "twisted", why would "twisty" bother me?  I dunno.

I am not particularly enthusiastic about the term myself, personally.  I
think we need some word to fill that role (the one that "Py" fills for
Python) but please feel free to suggest something else.  It doesn't have
to be a full word - "Py" isn't.  "Twi"?  (Quick, someone come up with a
home lighting control project that uses twisted so we can have
"TwiLight".)