[Twisted-Python] suggestions for naming to help us preserve a Twisted trademark

Tim Stebbing tjstebbing at gmail.com
Thu May 29 22:16:17 EDT 2008

> More seriously, Emacs, Apache, Linux, Python, Debian and Ubuntu are
> all trademarked. The Emacs trademark is held by the FSF, bastions of
> ideological purity. So far, I've encountered only one person who finds
> this suspicious. Hi Tim :)

'other people do this thing so we should also do this thing' is not a
great argument. I'm not against the idea, I just have some questions
we're yet to have answered.

AFAIK if someone infringes you're trademark you are obliged to enforce
your trademark or lose it, the afore mentioned two people Glyph is not
happy with who are using the word 'Twisted' would need to receive a
C&D off the bat. Does Twisted Labs have the resources to put into
maintaining their trademark?

As I mentioned on IRC, we've used Python(R) as part of our name in the
past, notice this list is called 'twisted-python', isn't that being a
bit hypocritical to now say 'people who use twisted cannot append or
propend the word twisted to their project name'?

--
Timothy J Stebbing