[Twisted-Python] Creating a protocol-agnostic chatbot with Twisted words

Jo Vermeulen jo.vermeulen at gmail.com
Mon May 26 06:49:12 EDT 2008

Hello,

I am trying to create a chat bot that can work over both the XMPP and the
MSN protocol using Twisted words. I have a couple of questions as a Twisted
newbie :-)

Is there any documentation on how to create a protocol-agnostic chatbot with
Twisted words? Or are there applications using Twisted words that offer
multiple front-ends?

I have a XMPP version working, but had some problems finding my way around a
few features. I don't know how to get a list of contacts, or initiatiate a
group chat. Even if I succeed in doing this, would it be possible to
generalize this for both XMPP and MSN?

Finally, I was wondering how mature Twisted words is. It seems to work well
for XMPP, but how mature is the MSN support? Are there other libraries I
could consider, or is it possible to generalize other libraries within
Twisted?

Thanks in advance!

-- Jo Vermeulen