[Twisted-Python] Re: Memory size of Deferreds

Martin Geisler mg at daimi.au.dk
Wed May 21 07:03:30 EDT 2008

Nicola Larosa <nico at teknico.net> writes:

> Martin Geisler wrote:
>> it will only run up to max function applications in parallel. I will
>> experiment with it, and if it works well, then it would be cool to
>> have a class like this in Twisted.
> Something like DeferredQueue? :-)
> http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/browser/trunk/twisted/internet/defer.py#L950

Hehe, I can see that this does something that looks very similar :-)

I think a DeferredQueue is a bit more general than my code -- I think
you need some code in addition to a DeferredQueue in order to obtain
what I want: limited parallelism.

In particular, I guess you need to catch the QueueUnderflow exceptions
and then somehow know when it is time to call get() again.

Martin Geisler

VIFF (Virtual Ideal Functionality Framework) brings easy and efficient
SMPC (Secure Multi-Party Computation) to Python. See: http://viff.dk/.