[Twisted-Python] quitting clients connected to a server from serverside

Alvin Delagon adelagon at gmail.com
Tue May 20 13:22:47 EDT 2008

I mean some kind of a command from the server to trigger the cleanup of the
client. For example: on some cases in our xmpp server, when a currently
logged in user logged in again with using the same account from a different
location; we forcefully close the last session by first sending a stream
document end to the client ("</stream>") before doing a
transport.loseConnection(). Our client then triggers the cleanup procedure
upon receiving </stream> from the server. I haven't tried my hands on
twisted.spread yet but you could implement something like this. :)

http://www.alvinatorsplayground.blogspot.com/