[Twisted-Python] quitting clients connected to a server from serverside

Alvin Delagon adelagon at gmail.com
Tue May 20 10:52:03 EDT 2008

After looking through twisted.spread.db source, I noticed that it implements
twisted.internet.protocol. You could use the self.transport.loseConnection
facility to forcefully disconnect clients. If you want your client to do a
certain routine when the server shuts him down, you could send a custom
message to the client first that will trigger some cleanup procedure you
have in your client. I do similar stuff like this in our twisted xmpp
server. :)

http://www.alvinatorsplayground.blogspot.com/