[Twisted-Python] Python logging with Twisted

Jonathan Lange jml at mumak.net
Thu May 15 18:36:46 EDT 2008

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 8:48 PM, IloChab <ilochab at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/5/11 Jonathan Lange <jml at mumak.net>:
>> On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 10:13 AM, IloChab <ilochab at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I like Python logging module and I didn't feel comfortable with twisted
>> > log.
>> > So I was really happy to find the new PythonLoggingObserver in twisted
>> > last
>> > release.
>> >
>> > I wrote few modules that came in handy:
>> > 1) a NetworkHandler that uses a twisted connection to work with
>> > PythonLoggingObserver
>> This bit sounds generic enough that it might be useful to add to
>> Twisted. Interested in submitting a patch?
> I'd be pleased, but I don't know how to do it.

The short answer is "File a bug and then attach some diffs to that bug."

The longer answer is:
- Go to twistedmatrix.com
- Log in / create an account
- Click on "New ticket"
- Describe the feature that you are adding
- Attach the relevant files.

In general, we only land code that has thorough test coverage. We can
help you write the tests if you haven't done much automated testing

There's a page for new contributors here:
http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/ContributingToTwistedLabs ... that
said, I notice that it doesn't say how to submit patches.

still-high-on-dvcs-ly yrs,