[Twisted-Python] Python logging with Twisted

Jonathan Lange jml at mumak.net
Thu May 15 18:36:46 EDT 2008

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 8:48 PM, IloChab <ilochab at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2008/5/11 Jonathan Lange <jml at mumak.net>:
>>
>> On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 10:13 AM, IloChab <ilochab at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I like Python logging module and I didn't feel comfortable with twisted
>> > log.
>> > So I was really happy to find the new PythonLoggingObserver in twisted
>> > last
>> > release.
>> >
>> > I wrote few modules that came in handy:
>> > 1) a NetworkHandler that uses a twisted connection to work with
>> > PythonLoggingObserver
>>
>> This bit sounds generic enough that it might be useful to add to
>> Twisted. Interested in submitting a patch?
>
> I'd be pleased, but I don't know how to do it.

The short answer is "File a bug and then attach some diffs to that bug."

The longer answer is:
- Go to twistedmatrix.com
- Log in / create an account
- Click on "New ticket"
- Describe the feature that you are adding
- Attach the relevant files.

In general, we only land code that has thorough test coverage. We can
help you write the tests if you haven't done much automated testing
before.

There's a page for new contributors here:
http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/ContributingToTwistedLabs ... that
said, I notice that it doesn't say how to submit patches.

still-high-on-dvcs-ly yrs,
jml