[Twisted-Python] SQLAlchemy and Twisted

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Mon May 12 05:11:54 EDT 2008

alex clemesha ha scritto:
> On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 3:26 PM, Terry Jones <terry at jon.es> wrote:
>> Hi Alex.
>>
>>> Anyone: If anyone know of existing code that integrates Twisted and
>>> SQLAlchemy nicely, please share!
>>  http://developer.berlios.de/projects/nadbapi/
>
> Great, thanks very much for the pointer!
>
> I've have seen the developer (Perillo Manlio) post to this
> list several times, I wonder if he has any comment on his package?
>
> The TODO file says:
> " Add support for SQLAlchemy 0.3.7"
>
> ... so I'm not sure it this is a game breaker for working with
> SQLAlchmey 0.4 or not?

Ops, sorry.
I have moved everything to a Mercurial repository at:
http://hg.mperillo.ath.cx/nweb/nadbapi/

but, as far as I remember I have announced this somewhere (but not on
berlios).

Now ndbapi should work with 0.4.x, but I have not tested it with new
versions.

I'm thinking to simply the code.
Now there are a lot of things I have implemented because my original
goal was to implement the same interface as dbapi.

It seems that this is not very useful, so I'm thinking of removing
methods like create, drop, loadTable, fetchall, fetchone, scalar and
just leave the methods transaction, sessionTransaction and runCallable.

So it will no more be possible to do things like:

users.select().addCallback(...)

but I have never used this and it makes the code more hard to understand.

> It seems as though the code has not been update in about
> a year (not since May 30, 2007), so I'm wondering, is the project
> stalled, stopped, or works great and doesn't need much more ;)
>
> Thanks again,
> Alex

Regards  Manlio Perillo