[Twisted-Python] Maximum recursion depth reached

Steve Freitas sflist at ihonk.com
Fri May 9 13:18:57 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-09 at 13:20 +0200, Maarten ter Huurne wrote:
> By returning the DeferredList from next_batch(), you are chaining Deferreds:
>
> http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/documentation/howto/defer.html#auto11
>
> If you remove the "return" from next_batch(), the problem disappears. If you
> want to be able to register a callback when all items are processed, it's
> probably better to create a dedicated Deferred for that instead of chaining
> the DeferredLists.

Thanks for your reply, Marteen!

I guess I'm a little mystified by what's going wrong here -- I chain
deferreds all the time -- I'm not sure what it is about returning a few
thousand deferreds wrapped up into a smaller number of DeferredLists
that's causing the problem, and I'd like to understand why.

Steve