[Twisted-Python] Twisted Presentation Materials...

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Thu May 8 13:21:02 EDT 2008

Hi Glen:

>  This is a good opportunity to decompose Twisted
into >its core  elements... kinda how it would be
presented >to mathematics folks. If I don't screw it
up, it might >even be useful to a broader audience
trying
>to figure out what Twisted is and the kinds of
problems it addresses.

In my PyCon 2008 talk, "Adventures," I have one slide
that categorises Protocols, Deferreds, Callbacks, and
the Reactor. I think those are the key components of
Twisted. For greater completeness, I would add
(protocol) factories.

I guess a type or set theorist would want to know what
sort of operations one performs upon objects of these
types....

I have another slide that describes Twisted's control
flow (from what I can tell). There I get into the
MainLoop and reader/writer sets (there are a few more
entries there). Unfortunately I haven't gotten around
to properly labelling stuff there on the slide.

Cheers,
Andrew