[Twisted-Python] socket error 22

Werner Thie wthie at thiengineering.ch
Wed May 7 09:23:23 EDT 2008

Thanks for the hint Eric,

ulimit -Ha
time(cpu-seconds)    unlimited
file(blocks)         unlimited
coredump(blocks)     unlimited
data(kbytes)         1048576
stack(kbytes)        32768
lockedmem(kbytes)    unlimited
memory(kbytes)       unlimited
nofiles(descriptors) 3404
processes            1044

I had this problem before and really hit the nofiles limit, but the
values above seem to be safe.

With twisted 2.5 I was able to run 'trial twisted' successfully but with
8.0.1 one of the tests (manyProcesses or so) crashes and locks up the
system completely.

I seem to be stuck in between a rock and a hard place :-((

Thxs, Werner