[Twisted-Python] How to improve response time of twisted.web?

Thomas Hervé therve at free.fr
Fri Mar 28 05:31:03 EDT 2008

Quoting Pavel <pbastov at gmail.com>:

> Thanks for the replies.
> In fact, I just tried to compare it against the static files -- almost
> the same result --
> a little bit faster, but far from Apache :(

There are 2 things I'll try if speed is a problem:

  * test with sendfile support. Look at
http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/585, there is the branch
sendfile-585-2, which should work with Linux and FreeBSD. If someone
could provide some benchmark numbers, if it would be great.

  * if you have a multicore server, you'll probably want to make use
of it. There's nothing in Twisted currently to easily do that, but I
have tested some months ago the possibility to add prefork facility to
Twisted. See
for an example. It's highly experimental, and there's currently no
ticket talking about that, but some feedback would be welcome.