[Twisted-Python] Re: Twisted-Python Digest, Vol 48, Issue 41

Don Dwiggins ddwiggins at advpubtech.com
Tue Mar 25 13:27:56 EDT 2008

Andrew Francis wrote:
> I am building a WS-BPEL processor. WS-BPEL is about
> business logic and exotic message exchange patterns. I
> gave a talk at PyCon 2008 called "Adventures in
> Stackless Python Twisted Integration."

Andrew, thanks for the reply.  I saw a message about your work, and have
bookmarked your "Adventures" blog.

> My strategy is to separate the business logic as much
> as possible from the underlying networking.

My goal exactly, and my concern is with how to do that while still
respecting the needs of the underlying networking (and in my case, a
large amount of interaction with a database).

> At the lower levels, I use Stackless Python in conjunction
> with Twisted. A side-effect of this approach is that I
> can block waiting for a Twisted call to finish.

I'll be very interested to learn more about the melding of the two
paradigms.

One question: I had the impression that Stackless is mostly an academic
exercise, sort of a proof of concept.  Is this wrong?  How stable,
portable, etc. is Stackless at this point?  Is it a reasonable choice
for a commercial application?

> Right now, I am simplifying one of my prototypes so I
> can post it as a full-blown example of all the
> techniques I use. Give me a few days.

I'll try to be patient.  8^)

Regards,
--