[Twisted-Python] Re: Mercurial, not git

Nicola Larosa nico at teknico.net
Fri Mar 21 02:35:17 EDT 2008

> Nicola Larosa wrote:
>> Mercurial is git done right.

> Really? I've heard the same about Canonical's Bazaar...also written in
> python...

If you mean that Mercurial is BazaarNG done right, yes, definitely. ;-)

BazaarNG has better integration with Subversion than Mercurial (currently).
On the other hand, it's not as fast as Mercurial, but mainly, it's not as
*simple* as Mercurial.

Canonical deciding to rewrite bzr, instead of backing Mercurial, has been a
loss for the Python community.

--
Nicola Larosa - http://www.tekNico.net/

It hurts a bit to hear someone you really love relating or demonstrating
delight received from another lover. But when you get past this, it's
utterly liberating, as if you have finally ridded yourself of the worst
vestige of our current society's terrible scarcity of love.
 -- Dave Pollard, November 2007