[Twisted-Python] SSL + AMP

Nathan nathan.stocks at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 18:34:06 EDT 2008

Can someone help me fill in the blanks here?  I've got an AMP
connection up and running, I just want to:

1) Make it so that AMP uses an SSL connection (which appears to be
supported by AMP with StartTLS) -- I'm confident that it's only a
matter of a little bit more time and experimentation for me to get
this part working.

2) Make it so that both the client and the server only connect to each
other and no one else.  I'm fairly certain this has something to do
with making my own certificate authority and certificates.  I (with
Google's help) am capable of figuring out all the OpenSSL commands to
do the creating, signing, etc. of certificates, but I'm not sure what
exactly needs to be done.

Any pointers would be appreciated...

* Here's the docs I've found so far for twisted+ssl+amp:
(There's a StartTLS in AMP, )
http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/api/twisted.protocols.amp.html
http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/api/twisted.protocols.amp.StartTLS.html
(There's an ssl in twisted.internet)
http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/api/twisted.internet.ssl.html
(The SSL examples use a ClientContextFactory...which is undocumented)
http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/documentation/examples/echoserv_ssl.py
http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/documentation/examples/echoclient_ssl.py
http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/api/twisted.internet.ssl.ClientContextFactory.html#getContext