[Twisted-Python] Teach Me Twisted Redux

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 18 11:36:43 EDT 2008

Hi Steve and Folks:

>I'd just like to thank the Twisted community for
their >support in yesterday's "Teach Me Twisted" Open
Space >session. To see the room still half-full of
people >talking animatedly about Python twenty minutes
>after the session ended was a great tribute to how
>interested people are in making Twisted work for
them, >and a reminder of what PyCon is all
>about. I haven't ever enjoyed any PyCon activity so
>much.

>Couldn't have done it without you,guys, thanks a
>million.

Here, here. I thought the "Teach Me Twisted" talk was
a scream. I never touched building a protocol so that
was ultra-useful. Twisted is a truly wonderful product
and  I think, as corny as it sounds, all that is
needed is to lead newbies by the hand for a little
while before they get the swing of it. But when people
get the swing of Twisted, watch out!

Cheers,
Andrew

P.S: The only downside was I realised I didn't get a
t-shirt!!!