[Twisted-Python] pyactivemq interfering with Twisted?

Brian Baquiran brianbaquiran at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 08:04:28 EDT 2008

Hi,
I'm writing what seems to me to be a trivial Twisted client application
using a proprietary protocol, and I'm having problems with integrating
it to ActiveMQ using pyactivemq (which is a Boost.Python wrapper around
the ActiveMQ-CPP library).

What I'm observing is that calling my client protocol's
transport.write() doesn't seem to send data to the server. The server,
also implemented using Twisted but without using pyactivemq, does not
seem to have this problem.

Could the part of pyactivemq (or ActiveMQ-CPP) that handles asynchronous
consumption of messages be interfering somehow with Twisted's event loop
and causing this problem?

Brian