[Twisted-Python] Re: Twisted 8.0.0pre1

Martin Geisler mg at daimi.au.dk
Tue Mar 18 04:46:48 EDT 2008

"Christopher Armstrong" <radix at twistedmatrix.com> writes:

> There is a pre-release of Twisted 8.0 available at
> http://twistedmatrix.com/users/radix/DIST/
>
> Please test and provide feedback.

I tried deleting my Twisted 2.5.0 install and installed the
prerelease, and it works fine with the unit tests for my VIFF project.

They use the twisted.protocols.loopback.loopbackAsync function for
testing the interaction of several (3 or 4) peers in a network. I have
modified it a bit to ensure that things really are run asynchronously.
What I mean with this is the I want the server and client to be run
interleaved so that an execution trace is not just

  [C, C, C, C, S, S, S, S]

but more like this:

  [C, S, C, C, S, S, S, C]

with some random interleavings.

You can find the file here:

  http://hg.viff.dk/viff/raw-file/tip/viff/test/loopback.py

with the relevant diff here:

  http://hg.viff.dk/viff/rev/21fbfaae93e2

My test case of the asynchronous tests is here:

  http://hg.viff.dk/viff/raw-file/tip/viff/test/test_async.py

I hope this can be of interest for someone...

--
Martin Geisler

VIFF (Virtual Ideal Functionality Framework) brings easy and efficient
SMPC (Secure Multi-Party Computation) to Python. See: http://viff.dk/.