[Twisted-Python] writing back through open connections

Matthew Glubb matt at madebykite.com
Tue Mar 4 14:45:54 EST 2008

Hi David,

This is not the twisted way to do it. You should take a look at:

<http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/documentation/howto/
servers.html#auto5>

It talks about Factory classes. Essentially, your service is a Server
Protocol Factory. When a client connects to that service, the Factory
instance does not deal with responses to the client. Instead, the
buildProtocol method of the Factory instance is invoked. This
instantiates a completely new instance of your Server Protocol class.
It is this instance (commonly, a state machine) that handles the
logic of reacting to incoming messages from the client and responding
to them.

You should treat your Protocol class as a completely self contained
way of communicating solely with the client that it was instantiated
for.

Hope that helps,

Matt

Matthew Glubb
Technical Partner

email: matthew.glubb at madebykite.com
phone: 44 (0) 7715 754017
skype: mglubb

Kite
http://madebykite.com

--
GPG: 96FF DE0E 0B7B 37F0 7F8D C54C E285 3D8F 5625 9244