[Twisted-Python] Returning a DeferredList?

Nathan nathan.stocks at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 18:54:33 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 4:20 PM, Terry Jones <terry at jon.es> wrote:
> You're not using deferreds properly. In the simple/typical case, when you
> call a function that returns a deferred, you will want to add (at least) a

I don't think that's true.  Jean-Paul was the one who told me to do it
that way in the first place:

http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2008-April/017304.html

If your theory was true, I would be getting garbage everywhere I
return (and use) complicated objects, and I'd be getting True
everywhere that I return booleans.

Though you may be right for DeferredLists, which is why I'm asking
here on the list...

~ Nathan