[Twisted-Python] Bloody Twisted VFS

Andy Gayton andy at thecablelounge.com
Sat Jun 28 20:02:25 EDT 2008

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 7:19 PM, Jonathan Lange <jml at mumak.net> wrote:
> Since hacking on that, I've become too familiar with the creepy world
> of SFTP protocol drafts. Would love to talk about it with y'all. If
> you can arrange to chat at a time during my weekend, I'll adjust my
> sleep patterns accordingly.

I've got a place in Vermont until next Thursday.  Then its July, 4th,
which is likely to be rowdy.  We could go for a face to face + IRC
meeting next weekend?  We could also virtually bash around ideas
before then - and I'd have the week to code up whatever is discussed.

In the mean time, here's a list of interfaces to draw on:

Some thoughts on async file io for twisted have been documented here:

Ftp's IFTPShell, IReadFile and IReadFile

Conch's ISFTPServer and ISFTPFile

The heavily thought out, particularly from a security point of view,
but synchronous, FilePath.

The currently propsed vfs interface, IVFSNode

There's already an implementation of IVFSNode - FilePathNode, which
takes a FilePath (or ZipPath), and would then make it available over
all protocols which have adapters for IVFSNode.