[Twisted-Python] Twisted service kit

Phil Christensen phil at bubblehouse.org
Fri Jun 13 13:07:18 EDT 2008

On Jun 13, 2008, at 12:04 PM, Johan Euphrosine wrote:
> As part of a freelance job, I'm asked to glue twisted with other
> technologies together as a proof of concept of what be done (and how),
> in the context of a service communicating with C++ games.
>
> As it may be useful to someone else, I'm pushing the source here:
> http://proppy.aminche.com/hg/service-test/
[snip]
> I wonder if it is worth contributing on its own, to the newly
> created TX
> project.
>
> Maybe some parts of it could be extracted, and made into a more
> submittable (and useful) shape.

The great thing about the Twisted Community Code project is that you
don't need any particular approval from anyone to add your code. If
you think what you have might be of use to someone, whether it's for
production use or just as a learning tool, you should consider
creating a TX subproject.

There are other options as well. If you feel your code doesn't warrant
the overhead of a full project (e.g., you don't see yourself having
time to respond to bug requests or create blueprints, etc.), you
should be able to create a personal Bazaar branch to store your code
in, which you can then assign to the TX superproject.

This probably won't get as many eyeballs, since it won't be on the
subproject list, but it's a good way to get your code out there in an
easily accessible place. Plus, given the nature of Bazaar, anyone who
wishes will be able to work with your code in their own branch.

-phil