[Twisted-Python] suggestions for naming to help us preserve a Twisted trademark

Mike Pelletier mike at mkp.ca
Thu Jun 5 10:58:10 EDT 2008

I'm late to the party, but if people are flinging pennies around,
here's two of mine.

Instead of lawyering up the Twisted franchise, maybe you could instead
use the DivMod brand to bless things that you want to be able to be
authoritative about.  There's already a sort of informal understanding
of territoriality; "This DivMod stuff is ours. You can use it if you
recognize that we make a living off this and we'll defend it.  This
other Twisted stuff is everyone's, and we're just custodians."
Bringing the law into our comfortable community w/out taking an
arms-length approach (eg, give the trademark to a not-for-profit) is
kind of alienating.  But maybe I exaggerate.

Mike.