[Twisted-Python] Modifying Conch example

Jack Whitham jack-tp at cs.york.ac.uk
Wed Jul 23 06:00:55 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 01:39:19AM -0700, Pump Kin wrote:
> Step 1) Is really bugging me here; I can't seem to strip the need for
> foreknowledge of the public key from the script. I can't easily
> programmatically access that information in my use case. I do however have
> ready access to the private key and fingerprint for verification. My
> modified tutorial scripts just vomit.

I had the same problem. Some new key management features have been
added to Conch recently, so you now only need the private key:

class ClientUserAuth(userauth.SSHUserAuthClient):
    def getPassword(self, prompt=None):
        return # this says we won't do password authentication

    def getPublicKey(self):
        return self.__getKey().public().blob()

    def getPrivateKey(self):
        return defer.succeed(self.__getKey().keyObject)

    def __getKey(self):
        return keys.Key.fromString(data=
"""-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
""")

(Although I still get a deprecation warning about signData if
I do this..)

--
Jack Whitham
jack at cs.york.ac.uk