[Twisted-Python] Please recommend a RPC system working with twisted.

Peter Cai newptcai at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 22:16:46 EDT 2008

I've done some research but seems that AMP does not have any C or CPP

As described in this thread, the python implementation of Google Buffer is
not very mature, that's why I have gave it up.

I think I shall try to make ICE work with twisted, although thread
synchronization might be a problem.

BTW : If you are interested in RPC, have a look at

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 9:18 PM, David Ripton <dripton at ripton.net> wrote:

> On 2008.07.21 15:01:49 +0800, Peter Cai wrote:
> > I'm looking for an RPC system working with twisted.
> >
> > 1. Binary.  I want it run faster than any xml based RPC.
> >
> > 2. Bidirectional.  Unlike  HTTP, on which the client has to poll the
> sever
> > for events, the server should "call" the client's method to notify
> events.
> >
> > 3. C/Python support.  Part of the system shall be written in C.
> >
> > 4. Could easily integrated  with twisted.
> Twisted AMP meets all your requirements except C support, which you
> could probably add.  (Or maybe avoid adding by using some other way
> to bridge C computing code with Python network code, like ctypes.)
> Also take a look at Google's Protocol Buffers, which lacks C support but
> has C++ support.  A Twisted version called txprotobuf was recently
> announced.  (Note that Protocol Buffers isn't really a full RPC system,
> just the serialization part.)
> I think combining these two might work nicely, though I haven't tried it
> yet.
> --
> David Ripton    dripton at ripton.net

当只有一张纸和一支笔的时候, 我相信你写下的东西对你来说就是真实的, 不管他们到底是不是真的。