[Twisted-Python] Please recommend a RPC system working with twisted.

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Jul 21 09:28:56 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 3:01 AM, Peter Cai <newptcai at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for an RPC system working with twisted.
>
> 1. Binary.  I want it run faster than any xml based RPC.
>
> 2. Bidirectional.  Unlike  HTTP, on which the client has to poll the sever
> for events, the server should "call" the client's method to notify events.
>
> 3. C/Python support.  Part of the system shall be written in C.
>
> 4. Could easily integrated  with twisted.
>
> Unfortunately, there seems no such resolution existed.  So maybe I have to
> give up some requirements.

twisted.protocols.amp looks like the closest thing: it's a very
simple, efficient protocol for remote procedure calls. I can't point
you directly at a C implementation, but I think there may be a C++
implementation somewhere. In any case, it would be pretty simple to
implement.

--
Christopher Armstrong
International Man of Twistery