[Twisted-Python] Re: trial and python 2.5.2?

Mikhail Terekhov termim at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 21:36:44 EDT 2008

Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:

> Can you look at unittest.py from the standard library on each of these
> systems and see if TestSuite is new-style or classic?  Note that it does
> not subclass object, but the module has `__metaclass__ = type´, making
> all classes that don't subclass something new-style.
>
> TestSuite should be new-style - it is in my Python 2.5.1 installation
> and it is in the 2.5 release branch.

I found the problem. It was an obsolete package python-unit-1.4.1 from
the SuSE repository devel:/languages:/python that installed old version
of the unittest.py into site-packages directory and shadowed the correct
one. Somehow I installed it without even noticing :(
I've asked maintainers of this repository to remove the obsolete beast.

Sorry for the noise.
Mikhail